Thank you to everyone that submitted a Flax Seed recipe! They all looked delicious and I can’t wait to try out some new recipes that all have our little omega-3 friend-Flax Seed. There’s no way I could have ever picked my favorite, or “the best” recipe, so I headed over to random.org to help me choose! Without further ado, The Winner of the Flax Seed Super Breakfast Bowl Challenge
- 1 1/2 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- Salt to taste (added to dry ingredients above)
- 3/4 cup Apricots (Chopped) or your favorite dried fruit
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Dried Mango (Chopped) or another dried fruit of your choosing
- 4 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chop the dried fruit and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (oats, flax seed, almonds, walnuts, peanuts, and salt) in a bowl and spread out onto a baking sheet w/ built up sides.
- Roast dry ingredients in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees, stirring occasionally.
- In a pot melt the 4 tablespoons of vegan butter
- Once the butter is melted, mix in brown sugar, honey, and orange juice.
- Stir until ingredients are completely mixed, remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Stir ingredients.
- When the nuts are done roasting, transfer to a bowl and add the melted wet ingredients, stir. Once mixed well, add the dried fruit. Mix well.
- Put granola in an 8 x 8 pan, pack in firmly. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. When you see the sides are browning, it’s time to remove.
- Let cool completely, overnight is best.
- Cut into granola squares OR take the squares and place in a large bowl and pull apart with hands to make a chunky granola!
- Can eat plain, on top of oatmeal, or on top of your favorite yogurt! Delicious and rich, also makes a great dessert
Congrats Christine and thank you for the excellent recipe and photos! Send your mailing address to email@example.com. Christine will be receiving Perfect Pancake Mix from Purely Elizabeth (gluten free and delicious!) and a whole slew of Vega Goodies
and a tea top brew travel mug from Mighty Leaf Tea Company!